Author Topic: Gintama quotes  (Read 15287 times)

Offline Fukiri

• Samurai
  • "Taoshimatemo ii? Kotae wa kiiteyasen kedo!"
    • View Profile
Gintama quotes
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:55:34 am »
Because I feel like there's a lot to be said and posted about this XD
All the cool, inspiring or funny quotes are welcome. If you know the number of the episode to which the quote or quotes belong, please put it in black so that people that haven't watched the episode yet can decide whether to read it or not. And of course, if it involves spoilers please remember to put the spoiler tags.

Since I started writing down some of them (and I hope to write them down starting from episode 1, when I re-watch the series), I'm going to start from the last episode I've watched:

Episode 193:

Gin: Say, Kagura-chan… We’ve been having egg over rice for how many days now?
Kagura: No idea. I don’t dwell on the past. No lingering on relationships that are over. That’s my motto.
Gin: Forget the past. Look at the garbage disposal. It’s filled with the remains of the men you’ve dumped.
---------------
Gin: This morning I was like “The eggs, the eggs are coming, rice!”
Kagura: It tastes good, so who cares? I can never get enough of this.
Gin: That’s you. That’s because you reset your brain every single day. Because you lose your saved game every day. Because you start over from Aliahan every day…
----------------
Kagura: I don’t need anything besides my egg over rice. I can survive as long as I have egg over rice with me.
Shinpachi: It might be fine with you, Kagura-chan, but once you’re married, your husband will have a hard time.
Kagura: I’m never getting married. I’m leeching off Yorozuya forever.
Tae: Oh, so you’re going to marry Gin-san?
Kagura: Who would marry that good-for-nothing? Then I’ll marry the Colonel (KFC)! That old man has every chicken under his control. All the eggs and fried chicken I can eat!

(I have some of past episodes but I'm still searching for the document XD)
All hail the Shinsengumi!

Offline Smarty

• Samurai
  • I am so tireddddddd...
    • View Profile
Re: Gintama quotes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »
Hmm.... I have like about 20 quotes in Gintama that i likes but I'm too lazy to research them back. so I'm just gonna recalling the one that I remember the most in my memories. The cheapest way to check them is to re-watch episode 176 xD

Katsura, almost all episodes: Zura
''It´s not Zura. IT´S KATSURA!''  "It's not Zura. It's a pine tree"

Gin-san
Gintoki: "Listen up, I don't care what you punks do around the universe. But with this, my sword ... anywhere it can reach, is part of my country! Asses who blunder in and violate my things ... whether it be a Shogun, whether it be space pirates, whether it be a meteorite, I'll destroy them!!"
 Gin-san's strawberry milk theory

The yorozuyas.
"Just Do it"
"health me! health me!" "Shape, shape up now" "Pulp Fiction" "Herpes, Herpes me!"

Shinpachi  :uber:
CHOME CHOME!!!!!
CHOME CHOME!!!!!

Kagura-chan
"Kids these days just want to stuff their faces and make sweet love. At least that’s what Gin-chan says. " ~Kagura~
"sombebody call the ambulance" Kagura: AMBULNCEEEEEEE !!!   

Otae-chan
" when your friend cry, you cry with them. and When your friends take a dumb, you take a dumb with them" 
 there are more but im too lazy... no Im becoming like Gin-san  :zucht:. argh etc is my final i'll post more when I remember them xD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:26:30 pm by +SmartCable+ »
what I do when I draw
(click to show/hide)

Offline Link Sword

• Samurai
  • Serious Business-aru!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 06:38:23 pm »
''It´s not Zura. IT´S KATSURA!''  "It's not Zura. It's a pine tree"

Gintoki: You sure are well prepared... Who the hell are you, Lupin?
Katsura: I'm not Lupin, I'm Zura... Er, I mean, I'm Katsura!

Offline ♡ edelstrange ♡

• Edo Resident
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • Pen and Paper Studios
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 03:53:20 pm »
XD There are multitudes of great quotes from this series...

"The skies? The country? You can have them. I'm just busy protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but when something falls at my feet, the least I can do is pick it up." - Gintoki

"You're driving without a license?!"
"I don't need a license to hit and run!" - Shinpachi, Kagura XD

Wow. There are loads but I can't remember them at this crucial moment! Dx

Icon made by me, with a texture from celestial-star.net.

Offline Crossini

• Samurai
  • Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 06:53:19 am »
Scene at the seesaw and the swing of Gintama 232 :O

Fumiko : "He's fast! He was able to instantly awaken my masochistic side."

Gintoki : "She's fast! She's already working her ****ty magic on me."

Discuss about everything manga related here. : General Manga Discussion

Offline ultimentgoku

• Samurai
  • Let the Comedy Unleash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 06:41:03 am »

One of the funniest scenes Ive seen was when shinpachi was trying his best to get some cat thief in episode 34

Shinpachi - *typing* "When I saved a girl from a molester, she said she wanted to meet me and thank me properly.
                   Is this an invitation of a date?"

Shinpachi -

with this, I can talk to people much more normal then those idiots around me. Im not good with machines but it cant be helped. In a place like this I can listen to the opinion of all sorts of people. In person, I wouldn't be able to talk to some
one about love its to embarrassing.

Shinpachi - *DA RING* Ah! theres a reply. Its impressive there are really people around who are watching this. Handle name......
                    Fruits punch samurai?

Fruits Punch - Train Samurai..... this isnt a place to speak of such feminine matters. This is a place for samurai to shout out their
                      deepest convictions! You wealking, step down from here!

Shinpachi - He got so angry! Even though his name is Fruits punch samurai.....

Shinpachi - *typing* Im sorry, Fruits punch Samurai-san, but im not really skilled with these kind of things...... But im truly lost.
                    Will you please lend me your strength, Fruits punch samurai-san??

Fruits punch - Its not fruits punch Samurai! Its Katsura!!

Shinpachi - THEN WHAT IS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF HAVING A HANDLE NAME!

Offline PurelySadistic

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 12:41:14 am »
Hijikata (Chapter 366 page 18):

"I'll fill every orifice on your body with mayonnaise and then kill you."

Okita, to Kagura (Episode 77, Kyuubei arc):

"Hey. There's egg yolk dripping in between your thighs. Are you ovulating?"

Abuto, to Kamui (Chapter 310 page 3):

"I don’t expect KIDS to understand. Nowadays, you guys want everything to fit in the palm of your hands.
Except for women. Although being too big for us to handle is about right anyway."

"Like the DS?"

"No, more like the Megadrive."

Gintoki

Chapter 260 page 10:

"You STILL don't get it? When you tossed all of that away....A few important things were discarded as well. You abandoned your friends?
More like you were afraid of BEING abandoned. You fight by yourself? More like you hid yourself in solitude from the beginning. You abandoned your self? No...You just couldn't bear the pain of having a heavy load place upon you, or being a heavy load, so you ran. Like the coward you are. If you want to live your life abandoning one thing after another, that's your choice.

But to try to incite your student to join you because you can't handle being alone, makes you a fool.
"

Chapter 224 page 17-19:

"I’ll bring him down.

My soul…

I’ll reel it in…

Life….

To struggle within it,

To grab hold of it

To be above it…

To cry because of it.

No matter what it is….

I’m going to protect it all. "

Gintoki to Shinpachi (Chapter 203 page 17):

"Shinpachi, your existence is 95% the glasses though! So it's like if you put them here, you're in both places at once."

"So that left over me is the 5% over here?! Don't joke like that!"

"No, the left over 3% is water. And 2% garbage." 

Otae, to Shinpachi (Chapter 324, pages 17-18):

"Shin-chan, I think you are happy...I mean... even if you're in the dark, you have a goal to go after, you have people you want to catch up to, don't you?

Shin-chan...... I think truly sad people are the ones that have a direction they should be running to, but they don't look towards it and just stand still.

And the ones that really have a hard time, are the ones that despite being in the dark and being unable to tell which way is forward and which way is back, still take the lead and run.

It may be true that they're not kind people that will match your pace for you, and they may be people that often take twisting and turning paths, but even still, you believe in the direction they run in, don't you?

I think that's quite a happy thing to have, Shin-chan.

It doesn't matter how many horse lengths ahead of you they get, does it?

Because no matter how far away they are...... you can see them, those people you follow.

And no matter how many years it may take, I'm sure you'll catch up with them as long as your feet never stop, Shin-chan.

And you can count on me....

I'll always be there at your side to work the riding whip on your ass. "

Shinpachi, to Kagura (Chapter 220, page 5):

"We still have something to protect, even now. We're always on a journey to seek strength. Sometimes we get slightly detoured on our journey, but, we musn't stop because, that's what tears are for. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:30:40 am by PurelySadistic »

Offline Vee

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 09:00:45 pm »
Okay, it's not really a quote, but when I saw ep. 234, I really found it awesome.

"However, I know what you people want. You want a weapon that will be more useful than those "White Devils" for the invasion of the Earth. Isn't that right? I have the perfect thing! Yes. To counter your "White Devils", I offer a white demon.

The White Yaksha. I've coloured him completely white to satisfy your needs. And I'll even include the weapon of self destruction, Zura, and the adult toy, Sakamoldie.  It's and amazing deal!

I would never joke about selling my friends. Why not have the White Yaksha and the White Devil fight it out? That man doesn't give a damn about Earth. He's a demon who's capable of crushing an Earth or two for the sake of his friends. If you don't buy him, he'll crush your planet. But if we join forces, we can take over Earth or any planet of your choice.

That's right. If we keep fighting, we'll just weaken our forces for nothing. (...)

-Tatsuma Sakamoto
ore? No signature?

Offline Levi

• Samurai
  • GINKO/_(:3」∠)_
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 12:30:12 am »
Episode 111

"Young lady! Young lady! What a beautiful umbrella that you have there. Wouldn’t you let us go under it too? Our umbrellas broke with the storm."

I really liked that one when Gintoki shouted that out. (:

Growing a spine and living; It's easy to just say that, but the reality of it is harsh.

Offline Quater

• Warrior
  • I finished catching up in the Anime! I am so happy
    • View Profile
    • Anime Armageddon
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 10:15:02 pm »
The "We must get strong episode," had some of the most memorable quotes in it for me. :)

"Well that sure was a long trip,"
"We didn't go anywhere! Its only been 2 seconds!"
"Yeah, but 2 seconds here is like, 3 months there, where we trained and got stronger!"
"We didn't go anywhere!"

"I don't wanna train, training is such a pain, and well, explaining it is such a pain, too..."
"How much pain is this guy in!? And is he really a Shounen Jump main character!?"
"Well, effort, friendship, victory, that stuff is all new its all modern now."

"And you better not write your name on any old fitness instructor because I can recognize my handwriting."
"COULDN'T YOU RECOGNIZE THE FITNESS INSTRUCTOR?!"

Another super memorable one was when they went to the Dentist...
"Oh yeah? Well I can't go a day without getting a good drilling done to my teeth!"
"Well I like to join drilling competitions and drill 'em good!"
(Inside their heads: He drills his teeth every single day!?
What the heck is a drilling competition!? What kind of mad man does that!?)

"I won the game of life! I am a winner!"
"You may have beaten the game of life but you're still a loser in real life."

"We'll meet again in 2 years, at Saobondy Archipelago!"
"Where the heck is that!?"

During the time travel moment in the Sket Dance x Gintama crossover: Tuturu! Made me so happy.

When Kagura walked up and said Jugem Jugem's name and Shinpachi yelled, "Don't say it like its easy to remember!"
Or when Katsura did his rap. "Nationalism is Joy, joy is nationalism!" then he turned on Elizabeth, "You! I know you talk behind my back when I'm not looking! Talk darnit!"

Or the internet chat episode, "Post Sayaka x Gintoki 1 thousand times or in 3 days you'll die!"
"Did you see that!? What are we gonna do fruits punch samurai!?"

"I am this highly ranked despite being the most disgusting character ever." - Kondou

"My new goal is to become king of the samurai!"

And I better stop now.... ^^;;

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • Four devas
    • View Profile
    • Twittah
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »
'We're the assassins of assassins of assassins'

Sakamoto pls

Offline huckdiane

• Samurai
  • Magicaru Banana! dipped in Nutella-chan :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 06:08:01 pm »
Or the internet chat episode, "Post Sayaka x Gintoki 1 thousand times or in 3 days you'll die!"
"Did you see that!? What are we gonna do fruits punch samurai!?"

You mean Sacchan...  @_@

Sayaka didn't even pair up with Gintoki but with Kondo first then Okita, and Gin was with Pinko. And not even on that episode.

Offline akuruii

• Samurai
  • kagura's rape face .
    • View Profile
    • dA !
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 03:52:02 pm »
i don't remember the episode/chapter, but i remember the quote because it's memorable to me .

"I hate you, past and present .
But I thought we were comrades...past and present ."
-Kotarou Katsuo

just hits home, because i know what that feeling's like . aaaaaaaand

"I hate a useless fight . Nothing comes out of it whether you win or lose ."
-Tatsuma Sakamoto

apart from that another quote that stuck to me was "WOMEN WANT TO BE LOVED MORE THAN THEY WANT TO LOVE ." i think it was because kondo stalking otae at that moment and holding onto the telephone pole kinda amplified that moment . XD
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:56:07 pm by akuruii »

Offline huckdiane

• Samurai
  • Magicaru Banana! dipped in Nutella-chan :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »
i don't remember the episode/chapter, but i remember the quote because it's memorable to me .

"I hate you, past and present .
But I thought we were comrades...past and present ."
-Kotarou Katsuo

It's probably either the end of episode 17 or during the Benizakura arc, as it's clearly a comment towards Takasugi. I also have trouble recollecting quotes with episodes specifically most of the time  :-[

Offline akuruii

• Samurai
  • kagura's rape face .
    • View Profile
    • dA !
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 02:35:32 am »
yeah, i'm just not the sort of person to take note of that stuff.. OTL

and i picked this up after reading the rokkaku arc not trying to get my okikagu fill or anything..*cough

“I’ll agree that killing a friend by mistake is one of the few things that’s more painful than death..however . Did it ever occur to you, that sometimes friends can be your enemies ?
This world isn’t as streamlined as you’d like to believe little lady . There are somethings that should never be repeated .”

— Okita Sougo; Gintama