Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread!  (Read 48480 times)

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread!
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:15 am »
Man, Kingdom Hearts story has gotten so ridiculously elaborate and convoluted that I've pretty much lost interest in the series :sweatdrop:. They just keep adding more and more new plot devices that it started to feel too ridiculous for me XD
Got an origin story of discovering Gintama? Then come on here:
http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=340.0

Offline Jinjer

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »
ones i'm watching out for this year are dishonored 2 and civ6

yeah, my game preferences are kinda "weird"

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 15, 2016, 05:03:23 am »
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild stole the show from me. I haven't been this excited for an open world game since The Witcher 3 XD

Offline Crepuscule

• Kabukicho Resident
  • I barely ever post...
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 15, 2016, 03:01:38 pm »
Sony had the most exciting and content-filled E3 press conference, but the game I'm the most excited for is Zelda. I wonder what new announcements Nintendo and Sega have today... I'm interested in what RPG Nintendo has planned for the 3DS...

ones i'm watching out for this year are dishonored 2 and civ6

yeah, my game preferences are kinda "weird"

I don't think that's "weird". Then again, I'm the type of person who always gets my hopes up for new titles to be announced from series that haven't had a game in years, like Wild Arms and Trauma Center. Plus, I thought Dishonored 2 looked pretty fun despite never having played the first one.

Offline Raheb-kun

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 15, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »
Really have to say that the Sony conference was amazing. I was sitting there the whole time with an open mouth.
The future looks bright for the gaming industry, but not for my money.
Awesome Signature removed. Please accept this humble apology from yorozuyasoul for the removal of your signature, but we would really appreciate it if you could refrain from using totally awesome signatures that proves your greatness which will leave everyone filled with jealousy. This may be harsh but please use normal, boring signatures like everyone else. Signature rules are defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Offline Jinjer

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 29, 2016, 05:30:01 am »
I don't think that's "weird". Then again, I'm the type of person who always gets my hopes up for new titles to be announced from series that haven't had a game in years, like Wild Arms and Trauma Center. Plus, I thought Dishonored 2 looked pretty fun despite never having played the first one.

well i suppose it's weird compared to other folks who talk a lot about zelda or battlefield or any of the bigger names (i mean i enjoy them, but i've always found dishonored rather charming, like it was a game designed specifically for me, and i've been playing civ since i was a little girl)

Offline Blackflash

• Samurai
  • It's not what you think it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 04, 2016, 07:19:33 pm »
Hey Blackflash, Europeans, they love cars and they love football right?

Some guys had the genius idea of combining the two.

(Image removed from quote.)

Rocket League's out on Steam for 20€, give it a shot.

you are late, im already a Legend level 62
i wish i was joking, but i have put over 500 hours into that game...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:21:40 pm by Blackflash »

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 05, 2016, 03:41:06 pm »
Holy crap, its Blackflash!! :enthusiastic:

Offline Blackflash

• Samurai
  • It's not what you think it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 05, 2016, 07:22:06 pm »
thats right! im still alive!

Offline Jinjer

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 15, 2016, 10:21:52 am »
welp so i finally have civ6

gandhi is still a jerk and now barbarians have become everyone's problem (yes, even gandhi though seriously screw that jerk)

Offline Raheb-kun

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2016, 07:08:58 pm »
I can suggest everyone giving Crosscode a try. It's still Early Access but the content so far justified the purchase for me already. I spend over 20 hours and I'm still not done and there is still more to come in the future.
Basically it's a (VR)MMO-RPG with the difference that it's a Single Player Game. It kinda looks like SNES Game so Oldschool Gamer should like this. The Gameplay itself is really fast and easy to learn, and yet can be pretty challenging and the attention for details is pretty impressive. Apparently there is a Demo Version on Steam for anyone who wants to give it a try. I just hope we get more content soon enough even though I'm not even done yet.
Awesome Signature removed. Please accept this humble apology from yorozuyasoul for the removal of your signature, but we would really appreciate it if you could refrain from using totally awesome signatures that proves your greatness which will leave everyone filled with jealousy. This may be harsh but please use normal, boring signatures like everyone else. Signature rules are defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Offline Levi

• Samurai
  • GINKO/QUEEN/Stay Pressed/[BASARA's]Kojuro's waifu
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 05, 2016, 11:59:36 pm »
is crashing the car confirmed in FFXV

"You don’t get to choose when or who you meet, however, you do get to choose who you hold on to."
Match your "type" with a fictional character!
http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=2692.0
Love Sailor Moon? Go ahead and check out the thread!

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 06, 2016, 08:07:10 am »
is crashing the car confirmed in FFXV
Unfortunately, nope. The car is stuck on autopilot, regardless. Even if you try to directly "drive" the car, all you can control is the acceleration and not the direction. The closest you can do to "crashing" is making abrupt stops but the game never designed any actual crashing. You can gain the ability to turn the car into a flying car late in the game so that you no longer have to rely on roads to get from point A to B or alternatively, early in the game, you can rent a Chocobo which has much more freedom of movement but not as fast as the car.

Simply put, vehicular exploration in FFXV is mostly about watching the pretty sights in the game which depending on your own preference, might either be boring and a little too hand-holdy or a realistic immersive experience within an otherwise very unrealistic setting.

My opinion of FFXV as a whole is a solid "meh" :)

Offline Crepuscule

• Kabukicho Resident
  • I barely ever post...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 31, 2016, 04:58:44 am »
Has anyone played The Last Guardian? I just finished my first playthrough, and man, Trico is so cute! I'd often just climb on top and pet him for so long he'd fall asleep sometimes. After every ordeal, I'd spend quite a bit of time combing over every inch of Trico's body for injuries, smoothing down every ruffled feather and wiping away blood. If I didn't, every time I'd look at Trico the guilt would kill me.  :'(

My only complaint is that the camera is pretty wonky. Well, that and maybe it's kinda short. I got the trophy for finishing in under 15 hours on my first playthrough. Being short is not too big of a deal, though. I eventually plan to play through Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian again some day. That's in the distant future, though.

Offline Levi

• Samurai
  • GINKO/QUEEN/Stay Pressed/[BASARA's]Kojuro's waifu
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 06, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »
Unfortunately, nope. The car is stuck on autopilot, regardless. Even if you try to directly "drive" the car, all you can control is the acceleration and not the direction. The closest you can do to "crashing" is making abrupt stops but the game never designed any actual crashing. You can gain the ability to turn the car into a flying car late in the game so that you no longer have to rely on roads to get from point A to B or alternatively, early in the game, you can rent a Chocobo which has much more freedom of movement but not as fast as the car.

Simply put, vehicular exploration in FFXV is mostly about watching the pretty sights in the game which depending on your own preference, might either be boring and a little too hand-holdy or a realistic immersive experience within an otherwise very unrealistic setting.

My opinion of FFXV as a whole is a solid "meh" :)
I'm actually loving FFXV tbh , I love "brotherhood" stories and road trips.  Plus, I'm literally in love with Luna...(especially her Kingsglaive model).  :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: Luna is literally a badass.  :drama: :drama:

She's literally so fucking beautiful I wanna be her or marry her.

Persona 5 will be coming soon..I'm really excited tbh ! I'm a huge fan of the Persona games....

Also, the voice edition of 999 will be coming out too! I'M HELLA EXCITED BC I LOVE ZERO ESCAPE TO DEATHHHHHHHH. (ZTD is my fave, it got great ratings too *ahem* anyways..)

Can anyone recommend me mystery/rpg/whatever??? I love Final Fantasy, Zero Escape, etc. Right now I'm replaying FFX on my PS Vita.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:11:47 pm by Levi »

"You don’t get to choose when or who you meet, however, you do get to choose who you hold on to."
Match your "type" with a fictional character!
http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=2692.0
Love Sailor Moon? Go ahead and check out the thread!