Author Topic: Sentai Filmworks Gintama DVD Discussion  (Read 50493 times)

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
  • flip the coin of destruction-hire Yoroyuza
    • View Profile
Re: Sentai says 'Buy Gintama movie and we'll dub more Gintama.'
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2013, 04:36:54 am »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/sentai-filmworks-adds-sacred-seven-big-o-kurokami-more

So Otakon has come and gone and while they did get new licenses, no Gin Tama news--has anyone heard if anyone asked them while at the convention?
Become the wind-join a biker gang and kindly leave Gin-san out of it.

Offline aritzen

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2013, 09:48:34 pm »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-10/sentai-filmworks-adds-sacred-seven-big-o-kurokami-more

So Otakon has come and gone and while they did get new licenses, no Gin Tama news--has anyone heard if anyone asked them while at the convention?

@trickthetm asked Sentai about Gintama at their Otakon panel, but "No news to report."

Offline ForgottenClown79

• Samurai
  • Da da dum...
    • View Profile
    • Saiyan Island
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2013, 06:02:14 pm »
They are on Togashi level of hiatus come on man. Hopefully  we can get more Gintama subed or dubed. :happy:

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Sentai Filmworks Gintama DVD Discussion
« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2013, 06:39:14 pm »
Okay so the New York Comic Con is coming--again, can the minions be assembled to bug them about more Gin Tama?! (at least the movie?!)

Also, in case you guys haven't seen it, there's a campaign going on to help get the movie over here so again, annoy Sentai's Twitter and Facebook pages! http://yorozuyasoul.com/campaigns/gintama_movie_2

Offline Cinder

• Administrator
  • Samurai
  • 侍王に俺はなる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2013, 07:51:29 am »
Great work Yorozuya 43!

If anyone gets in contact with Sentai, please let us know how it goes here. The campaign page will soon be updated with fan activities so anything you report can potentially show up there.

Offline Blackflash

• Samurai
  • It's not what you think it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2013, 07:14:57 am »
i made a tweet to sentai, no reaction from their side...

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2013, 06:08:17 pm »
Yeah, I've tried "subtly" hinting at Gin Tama: Be Forever Yoroyuza on Facebook every chance I get; I doubt that us individually will get much of a response--we need to shock them with numbers! If we can get the posters on this forum to plague their Facebook and Twitter, we should get somewhere; but it really is a numbers game, since they want to know if there's a market for the movie (I've pretty much given up on them bringing anymore of the series over, but hey, we could get 2 birds for 1 stone). So get your friends in on this and hopefully soon we can annoy them enough to get some kind of response. Much like the results for how the first Gin Tama movie did, they won't tell us anything, so it's going to mostly be a one-sided conversation. We will preserver! Like One Piece fans, if we beg enough with enough numbers, we'll eventually get what we want, hopefully; that does mean that we also need to hold up our end of the bargain and buy the movie (multiple copies, preferably--one to give to friends and the other to be kept in a glass case). So let us recruit from the corners of the Internet and we could wind up with this:

Offline Cinder

• Administrator
  • Samurai
  • 侍王に俺はなる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2013, 05:01:05 am »
What worries me a bit is when the campaign tweet went out, it wasn't acknowledged by them at all. Still, let's keep doing our best.

I understand the lack of response from our forums* could mean that a large portion is not from America and could care less about an American license, or maybe some of you have plans to pirate instead (considering the bigger reaction from hearing that some fansub group plans on doing it), but please still show your support and interest in an overseas Gintama movie release. We all want to support Gintama, Sunrise, and Sorachi directly and settling for a potentially subpar fansub is not the way. As dramatic as this sounds, this could be English Gintama's last chance.

*I know about 6 of you guys have sent messages to Sentai, you know who you are so I thank you for that

Offline Blackflash

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2013, 03:52:22 pm »
What worries me a bit is when the campaign tweet went out, it wasn't acknowledged by them at all. Still, let's keep doing our best.

I understand the lack of response from our forums* could mean that a large portion is not from America and could care less about an American license, or maybe some of you have plans to pirate instead (considering the bigger reaction from hearing that some fansub group plans on doing it), but please still show your support and interest in an overseas Gintama movie release. We all want to support Gintama, Sunrise, and Sorachi directly and settling for a potentially subpar fansub is not the way. As dramatic as this sounds, this could be English Gintama's last chance.

*I know about 6 of you guys have sent messages to Sentai, you know who you are so I thank you for that

maybe some people missed this thread.
me for example. i only noticed this 3 days after it got posted.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:24:54 pm by Blackflash »

Offline nao

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »
We all want to support Gintama, Sunrise, and Sorachi directly and settling for a potentially subpar fansub is not the way. As dramatic as this sounds, this could be English Gintama's last chance.
おっしゃる通りです、Cinderさん。全力で同意します。

ofu... I tried to send them a message from the link on campaign page.
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

WWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY?!?! :'( :'( :'(
sorry, I can't be your help. ガックリ┏(-_-|||)┓
pirate/spoiler hatehatehater from Japan
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:07:30 pm by nao »

Offline Phantomtroupe

• Kabukicho Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 14, 2013, 06:31:25 pm »
I feel like I'm in the majority here, but, even if an English Gintama Movie 2 was released, I would stick with the japanese version (which would have to be consumed through fansubs since I don't understand japanese). The truth is I absolutely LOVE the japanese voice actors in Gintama, as well as most animes in general, but Gintama japanese voice actors are simply the best. That said, if there was an english version released, I would probably have to buy it at some point to show support for the series and for Sunrise/Sorachi. I feel as though, by consuming it through a fansub but still buying the english version to show support would be the best thing I can do. That said, I am not particularly interested in an english dubbed version for myself, though I do think it would be great to have in general.

Offline Blackflash

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »
I feel like I'm in the majority here, but, even if an English Gintama Movie 2 was released, I would stick with the japanese version (which would have to be consumed through fansubs since I don't understand japanese). The truth is I absolutely LOVE the japanese voice actors in Gintama, as well as most animes in general, but Gintama japanese voice actors are simply the best. That said, if there was an english version released, I would probably have to buy it at some point to show support for the series and for Sunrise/Sorachi. I feel as though, by consuming it through a fansub but still buying the english version to show support would be the best thing I can do. That said, I am not particularly interested in an english dubbed version for myself, though I do think it would be great to have in general.

well if they do the same as they did with the first movie, you get a eng dub version AND an eng sub version (with japanese voices)
so theres nothing to lose.

Offline kaza2929

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2013, 07:22:25 pm »
Well it's not big news, but at least it's a reply. Here's the email I got sent back to me:

Mike Bailiff (mike@section23films.com)
"Hi Kaza,

Nothing has been announced but I’ll keep you posted.

Best,

Mike"

and here's my original message:

"Hey, I was just wondering if you guys were going to do an official dub (or sub) Gintama Movie 2?
I noticed it was getting released in theaters with english subs, so maybe it'd be possible to do that in the west as well?

Best regards,
Kaza"

Offline Sparticus

• Samurai
  • this space for rent
    • View Profile
    • Mah DeviantArt
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2013, 12:35:11 am »
I'm planning A Thing to pester Sentai with. Also Viz. Because. BWA HA HA HA HA!!!

Offline Cinder

• Administrator
  • Samurai
  • 侍王に俺はなる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 15, 2013, 01:00:00 am »
Sparty tell me your secrets ;_;