Author Topic: Sentai Filmworks Gintama DVD Discussion  (Read 50491 times)

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • hA
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Sentai says 'Buy Gintama movie and we'll dub more Gintama.'
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2013, 02:23:34 am »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-18/neon-alley-to-premiere-gintama/the-movie-on-june-2

Hey guys, I know this may not be the greatest news ever, but it's definitely something: Viz is going to air Gin Tama: the Movie on their video game console channel Neon Alley. We should all try and support this as much as possible! Heck, if we can do yell loud enough, we can show Sentai and Viz both we appreciate that they're involving themselves with the series again and that we'd like them to release more! Check it out, if you can!

I'm so excited about this and I don't even have Neon Alley
" The" member with the changing avatars and the animation skills to boot. Speaking of which, might as well pitch my animation idea hear Sanny. The protagonist is ..." ~Faris-Santa

Offline aritzen

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2013, 02:36:04 am »
Update from the Sentai panel at Anime Boston today:

They're looking at the movie sales and deciding what to do with the rest of the series. They're also taking the 2nd movie "into consideration." Everything is still in the talks.

Related, from the Sunrise panel at Anime Boston:

They really want to bring the 2nd movie to North America, but no firm plans yet. Again, talks are in progress.

Bottom line:

There is hope. Let them know that you're interested and that you'll support the series.

Offline Blackflash

• Samurai
  • It's not what you think it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2013, 08:20:24 am »

They're looking at the movie sales and deciding what to do with the rest of the series. They're also taking the 2nd movie "into consideration." Everything is still in the talks.

They really want to bring the 2nd movie to North America, but no firm plans yet. Again, talks are in progress.

Bottom line:

There is hope. Let them know that you're interested and that you'll support the series.

is there an e-mail address where we can tell them that we want the movie?
Spam their twitter account?
facebook?

Everything?

Offline aritzen

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »
is there an e-mail address where we can tell them that we want the movie?
Spam their twitter account?
facebook?

Everything?

I don't know about Sunrise, but Sentai has a Facebook page and a Twitter.

https://www.facebook.com/SentaiFilmworks
https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks

It's good to tell them (politely) that people would like to see more Gintama, but it's even better if people - especially those in the States/Canada - purchased the Gintama DVDs, both season 1 and the Benizakura movie. I'm sure most of you have already bought them (Elizabeth is judging you), but if you haven't and you're in the States or Canada and you want to see more Gintama, especially the 2nd movie, please buy the DVDs. Nothing speaks louder than sales.

One thing I did learn at the Sentai panel yesterday is that Sentai releases DVD-only for series they think will do so-so, and a DVD+BD/dub for series they think will do well. The Gintama Benizakura movie DVD+BD/dub was "an experiment" (their words, from the Sentai panel at Anime Boston last year), so you know what you must do if you want the series to succeed in the west.

And do continue to follow-up with them at cons that they attend. Don't let it be the same few people who keep asking them about it! Show them more faces.

Offline Midori0307

• Samurai
  • I ♥ JIMI
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »

Bottom line:

Oh how we gonna cling to that dear precious hope. Thanks ritz-san!!  O0
1-8-9-15

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
  • flip the coin of destruction-hire Yoroyuza
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2013, 08:06:39 pm »
Well this gives me hope! Thank you for asking about it and now we need to keep pressing our advantage! Granted, the movie's been out for a year, so I admit that I find it odd that they are still tallying the sales of the DVDs and Blurays, but still--at least the series is still on the table. Though at this point, I'd take anything we can get, especially if they try to bring the second movie over, which looks amazing, if the preview images are anything to go by. I've already liked their facebook page (thanks for posting that, by the way) and now we all just need to go on and request more Gin Tama/what it means to us for them to still be considering it!

As it is, this reminds me of Viz's and Funimation's treatment of One Piece: thanks to consistent fan demand, we got more than we ever dreamed, what with the 30+ volume speed up and now Funimation's licensed Strong World--there is a precedent here that we can work with and achieve! So to the forums, to the Twitter feeds, to buying the movie/dvds as graduation presents, to Facebook, to the cons, and more! We can do this, team Yorozuya!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:10:19 pm by Yoroyuza 43 »
Become the wind-join a biker gang and kindly leave Gin-san out of it.

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 02, 2013, 01:06:29 am »
Just a reminder to check out Gin Tama the Movie tomorrow on Neon Alley at 8:00pm eastern time! We need to show as much support as we can, especially if we want to get the second Gin Tama movie over here, which is still a possibility! Tell your friends and you can get a free trial for the service, if you're worried about having to pay (and it's only 6.99 per month anyway, so even then, it's not that bad).

Frankly, given how awesome the other movie looks from the images and trailers, we NEED to get it here. . . Still, this showing is the start, so let's go spread the word!

Offline KaguraOkita

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
    • Comicsare4women2
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2013, 07:16:58 pm »
Not sure if this is important or if I should post this here or not, but I went on animetake and looked at Gintama's download page and this came up:

Again, I'm not really sure what it means, but maybe we can have hope?

Offline Mutsu

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »
Not sure if this is important or if I should post this here or not, but I went on animetake and looked at Gintama's download page and this came up:
(Image removed from quote.)

Again, I'm not really sure what it means, but maybe we can have hope?

I'm not exactly sure why this is a problem when you can watch it legally for free on Crunchyroll, not to mention dozens of other illegal sites...

Offline Cinder

• Administrator
  • Samurai
  • 侍王に俺はなる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2013, 08:42:27 pm »
It's more that apparently it was Funimation who sent the letter, when it is Sentai who originally licensed Gintama. ^^

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:38 am »
Well guys, anime expo's upon us--is anyone able to press Sentai more about possibly getting at least the second movie? So long as we keep nagging, we should have hope, right? I know their panel was today, so if there was anything Gin Tama related, it wasn't mentioned in the brief, brief blurb Animenewsnetwork had up right now. Any information?

As for that request for the website to remove Gin Tama, I dunno honestly--typically Funimation does that for its own series, just like Viz did to Mangashare (not that that stuck for long, but still), so I don't really have much of a clue about what it means or if we should feel hopeful--I'm leaning towards hopeful a bit, simply because that means Gin Tama is still in the North American game at least, metaphorically.

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • hA
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2013, 04:56:19 pm »
hopefully this is good news. ^^
" The" member with the changing avatars and the animation skills to boot. Speaking of which, might as well pitch my animation idea hear Sanny. The protagonist is ..." ~Faris-Santa

Offline Salem the Engineer

• Kabukicho Resident
  • I think Shinsuke Takasugi is annoying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2013, 11:30:46 pm »
I recently emailed Sentai Filmworks, and asked if they had plans for releasing more Gintama.

This is what I got back:

"Hi Salem,

Nothing is scheduled at this time but I’ll keep you posted.

Best, Mike
"

Let's hope more good news comes in the future.

Offline Sakata-San

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2013, 11:58:48 pm »
I hope so.

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2013, 03:03:23 am »
I recently emailed Sentai Filmworks, and asked if they had plans for releasing more Gintama.

This is what I got back:

"Hi Salem,

Nothing is scheduled at this time but I’ll keep you posted.

Best, Mike
"

Let's hope more good news comes in the future.

Well, that's a bummer. Still, they haven't said they've abandoned the series . . . but then, neither did Viz--they just kinda stopped releasing it. Here's hoping that this'll end better than the manga. At the very least, the movie would be awesome . . . oh how I pray for the movie's release--at least that's proven to be a mega hit in Japan; let's just hope that Mr. War and Mr. Ner can be persuaded one more time. Thanks for the heads up though, dude.