Author Topic: Sentai Filmworks Gintama DVD Discussion  (Read 48615 times)

Offline Doctor

• Warrior
  • Twice Actually
    • View Profile
    • Just A Gintama Podcast
Re: Sentai says 'Buy Kintama movie and we'll dub more Kintama.'
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2012, 01:17:44 pm »
What means under review? They are looking how much did it sell?

Essentially, yes. Just from speaking with them, they really want this show to succeed. They are very aware that a lot of people want more of this show but they have to be sure that they can afford bringing more of it over.

Offline Me-chan

• Samurai
  • [motorcycle revs ominously in the distance]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »
Essentially, yes. Just from speaking with them, they really want this show to succeed. They are very aware that a lot of people want more of this show but they have to be sure that they can afford bringing more of it over.

If they really wanted it to succeed, they shouda done a better job on the dub. End of story.
おもしろきこともなき世におもしろく // Live an interesting life in an uninteresting world.

Tumblr | Bansai RP (x2) | Twitter | Flight Rising

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • Gin-Santa
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Sentai says \'Buy Kintama movie and we\'ll dub more Kintama.\'
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2012, 04:14:55 pm »

Awesome. Fans in high places.

Post Merge: October 16, 2012, 02:12:50 am
This just in! It wasn't the anime... but oh well. My fingers are still crossed!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:12:50 am by Sanchez2007x1, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
" The" member with the changing avatars and the animation skills to boot. Speaking of which, might as well pitch my animation idea hear Sanny. The protagonist is ..." ~Faris-Santa

Offline Midori0307

• Samurai
  • I ♥ JIMI
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Sentai says \'Buy Kintama movie and we\'ll dub more Kintama.\'
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2012, 04:35:42 am »
Awesome. Fans in high places.

Post Merge: October 16, 2012, 02:12:50 am

NOT the anime...?   :o Aw ..*also crossing fingers*  :3
1-8-9-15

Offline Cinder

• Administrator
  • Samurai
  • 侍王に俺はなる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:58 am »

Thanks for the intensive lookout for the news. I was on the edge of my seat after every status update you made in this thread.

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • Gin-Santa
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2012, 05:41:30 am »

Thanks for the intensive lookout for the news. I was on the edge of my seat after every status update you made in this thread.
That a good thing or bad? lol

Anyways, not sure if i should update but the "awesome role in a terribly fun anime" with aliens turned out to be an anime called Bodacious Space Pirates. XD

Another reason to keep your fingers crossed is....
There was a comment I seen somewhere on there tho where someone said something about Sentai not doing as much dubs as Funimation or anything, but then Chris said something along the lines of "Sentai has been dubbing more series lately" (if only I could find the post to confirm exactly what he said)

Chris tends to give out vague hints  on roles he's doing before he is allowed to officially announce them(like the Gintama Movie role). Its fun to keep everyone posted on the hints that suggest gintama, but I wonder if I'm spamming too much here. Shall I keep everyone posted?

(click to show/hide)
" The" member with the changing avatars and the animation skills to boot. Speaking of which, might as well pitch my animation idea hear Sanny. The protagonist is ..." ~Faris-Santa

Offline Cinder

• Administrator
  • Samurai
  • 侍王に俺はなる!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2012, 05:43:34 am »
That a good thing or bad? lol

Very good thing.

Shall I keep everyone posted?

YES PLEASE

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • Gin-Santa
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Sentai says 'Buy Gintama movie and we'll dub more Gintama.'
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:48 am »
(click to show/hide)
It's not much, but hey, it's been about three months since he said he was working on some new anime.

Bad news? He said 'new' anime. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

UPDATE(1/08): The "as a main character" role is apparently from Inu x Boku SS. I wonder what lead role he got. ;P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:26:41 am by San2007x1 »

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
  • flip the coin of destruction-hire Yoroyuza
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2013, 03:50:59 am »
Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but I have to ask: has Sentai ever confirmed how the Gin Tama movie did? I remember a fan at the New York Comic Con asking and I believe that they just said that they were still counting it up or something. Other than that, all I've heard is Sentai announcing new licenses, but nothing on Gin Tama. Now I don't want to lose hope (after all, they haven't said no yet), but I'm hoping that they'll try to get the second movie at least, since that's more of a one shot thing. Anyway, with C2E2 coming up in Chicago next week or so, is anyone going or knows someone who can go and try to ask Sentai?
Become the wind-join a biker gang and kindly leave Gin-san out of it.

Offline aritzen

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2013, 08:17:04 pm »
Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but I have to ask: has Sentai ever confirmed how the Gin Tama movie did? I remember a fan at the New York Comic Con asking and I believe that they just said that they were still counting it up or something. Other than that, all I've heard is Sentai announcing new licenses, but nothing on Gin Tama. Now I don't want to lose hope (after all, they haven't said no yet), but I'm hoping that they'll try to get the second movie at least, since that's more of a one shot thing. Anyway, with C2E2 coming up in Chicago next week or so, is anyone going or knows someone who can go and try to ask Sentai?

No Gintama news from Sentai, not that I know of anyway. I plan to ask them at Anime Boston if they attend, but that's more than a month from now.

Offline Doctor

• Warrior
  • Twice Actually
    • View Profile
    • Just A Gintama Podcast
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:14 am »
As a side note: On the recent Manga UK podcast, they mentioned after testing the market with the movie that they may not get more of the show. Seems it "...did alright but not well enough to pick up the whole series." Time stamp is 1:15:36 if you wanted to know when they talk about it.

Anime Boston is coming up soon so I will try to see if there has been any updates on the show over in the States.

Offline San2007x1

• Samurai
  • Gin-Santa
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2013, 07:16:44 pm »
As a side note: On the recent Manga UK podcast, they mentioned after testing the market with the movie that they may not get more of the show. Seems it "...did alright but not well enough to pick up the whole series." Time stamp is 1:15:36 if you wanted to know when they talk about it.

Anime Boston is coming up soon so I will try to see if there has been any updates on the show over in the States.

Since it's not looking like they're going to get more of the series, then that means there even less hope for a dub? That is depressing.  :'(

I hope the sales spike. lol

Offline Doctor

• Warrior
  • Twice Actually
    • View Profile
    • Just A Gintama Podcast
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2013, 04:09:15 am »
Since it's not looking like they're going to get more of the series, then that means there even less hope for a dub? That is depressing.  :'(

I hope the sales spike. lol

Just to clarify: This is just from the people who brought out the movie in the UK. They don't directly impact anything that is happening with Sentai Filmworks, the people who were bringing out in the US. I just wanted to put this on here because it may end up reflecting the status of the series in the US.

Offline SilverHawk

• Samurai
  • Nexus of Fate
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:46 am »
I can see several reasons for Gintama doing bad in the UK, so I wouldn't worry too much if that's true.

Fanfiction.net
For stuff based on established universes.

FictionPress.net
For original stuff.

Offline Yoroyuza 43

• Edo Resident
  • flip the coin of destruction-hire Yoroyuza
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:19 pm »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-18/neon-alley-to-premiere-gintama/the-movie-on-june-2

Hey guys, I know this may not be the greatest news ever, but it's definitely something: Viz is going to air Gin Tama: the Movie on their video game console channel Neon Alley. We should all try and support this as much as possible! Heck, if we can do yell loud enough, we can show Sentai and Viz both we appreciate that they're involving themselves with the series again and that we'd like them to release more! Check it out, if you can!
Become the wind-join a biker gang and kindly leave Gin-san out of it.