Author Topic: Most disturbing moments & facts in manga, anime, cartoons, tv-shows, etc.  (Read 7399 times)

Offline cookiemancer

• Samurai
  • its the funyarinpaaa
    • View Profile
Re: Most disturbing moments & facts in manga, anime, cartoons, tv-shows
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2013, 02:13:47 pm »
That ia FAR worse than Adventure Time... Courage should be an adults show... I wonder what will happen if they release an anime version... just like Powerful Girls Z (who is the japanese version of Powerful Girls)

...I like Courage The Cowardly Dog~ heck, it was one of my favourite cartoons :D
Anime version? make it all GORY with BLOOD and stuff, muahaha. Oh oh oh! They should make the art style more creepier, the animation more disoriented and ske- ..okay I should stop now. Anyway, it will hunt your nightmares.

Anyway, Spongebob Squarepants used to scare me a lot as a kid.

Offline Dark Zero

• Samurai
  • Deciding the path of the Light or Darkness....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2013, 03:21:59 pm »
...I like Courage The Cowardly Dog~ heck, it was one of my favourite cartoons :D
Anime version? make it all GORY with BLOOD and stuff, muahaha. Oh oh oh! They should make the art style more creepier, the animation more disoriented and ske- ..okay I should stop now. Anyway, it will hunt your nightmares.

Sorachi can easily do the job... if he wants he might make the show full of nightmare fuel. But that's an idea I have in my mind.

Offline Fruit Punch Madao

• Samurai
  • [unimportant text about absolutely nothing]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:11 am »
Adding to that, there is a theory that the characters in SpongeBob Squarepants are the result of nuclear testing~
For one thing, it is set under a real place called Bikini Atoll, wherein back in 1946, the US Government detonated a couple of atomic bombs there, one of which was set off underwater~ :D :D :D

(Also, if you click on the first link, you can read the whole article and would realize some weird things about cartoons... and might as well ruin your childhood~) XD

Anyways-- anyone here watches Courage the Cowardly Dog~?
*is in love with surrealistic cartoons the adults pass off as "suitable for children"* :D :D :D
Haha cracked.com we met again, you sure love to mess up people's mind, aren't ya, cracked.com?

I'd say, the Ed, Edd & Eddy's one is seriously the most mind-bending theory in the list @_@ but that doesn't mean the others weren't disturbing though.. For the love of God, each and every one of them is effectively mutilating my childhood memories...I mean, seriously, THE TICK?!! WTH?!! I remember that back then, I used to watch that show a lot and kinda like it too... oh God...
seriously, you deserve the second place after Ed, Edd & Eddy as the most uncalled-for nostalgia-destroyer, The Tick...

The third would be Inspector Gadget. Man, if the Dr Claw theory is canon and was applied in the movie.. that would be the most shocking and most controversial plot-twist in the history of film-making EVER! Just imagine, all the children across the world who looked up to Inspector Gadget as a hero and inspiration, would be leaving the cinema crying their head off with severe emotional scars as a free gift.

Alladin...that is interesting, didn't realize that one before @_@

As for Spongebob, good thing I only watched this show when I was in early-teen, didn't affect me that much but still, it is really, really shocking to discover that the theory turns out to be canon "...the show is set under a real place called Bikini Atoll, which is confirmed by the official Nickelodeon-written synopsis (cracked.com)"

Mario, that was predictable XD however it did surprise me a bit with this quote "Presumably at this point he completely lost touch with reality, hence Super Mario World and the increasingly ridiculous spinoffs."

Oh yeah, Courage the Cowardly Dog, eh? Back then when I was a kid, I once thought it was the creepiest cartoon I ever watch. The BGM, the art, the monsters...did I mention the BGM? Oh God, the BGM!!
And like Dark Zero said, that'll make one heck of a good anime-version spin-off. Agreed. O0

I guess one particular anime that caught me off guard was Gatekeepers. The first anime ended with a happy and satisfying ending.... then years later, I found out about the OVA which took place after it. Basically, the main hero died violently, he was implied to have never married his main love interest despite the ending in the first anime, he has a daughter who's pretty depressing to look at, the aliens still exist which puts all of the heroes efforts in vain and their world is now complete crap.... :zucht:
Gatekeepers, eh? Never watch that one before, but to learn the ending of the OVA... @_@
that is seriously one disturbingly dark plot twist @_@ is it official? or just one of those alternate universe thingies?
Plus, that ending is somewhat reminded me of..
(click to show/hide)

I don't know if this counts as cartoon, but Salad Fingers is damn disturbing. Okay. That was an underestimation.
I checked out the video.. you're right, it's disturbing @_@ and very very depressing too.. :'(

Post Merge: September 09, 2013, 10:13:03 am
Btw, if you're wondering which Spongebob main characters resemble which Seven Deadly Sins. Here's a fan-theory of it, which you might already looked up yourself before:
Patrick=Sloth
Squidward=Wrath
Mr. Krabs=Greed
Plankton=Envy
Gary=Glutony
Sandy=Pride
SpongeBob=Lust

More elaborations at http://www.toonzone.net/forums/nicktoons-forum/190291-spongebob-7-deadly-sins.html#.Ui2ILtL7C8A
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:06:46 pm by Fruit Punch Samurai »

Offline kuroneko

• Samurai
  • meow~~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:30 am »
I'd say, the Ed, Edd & Eddy's one is seriously the most mind-bending in the list @_@ but that doesn't mean the others weren't disturbing though.. For the love of God, each and every one of them is effectively mutilating my childhood memories...I mean, seriously, THE TICK?!! WTH?!! I remember that back then, I used to watch that show a lot and kinda like it too... oh God...
seriously, you deserve the second place after Ed, Edd & Eddy as the most uncalled-for nostalgia-destroyer, The Tick...

Yep-- loved that Ed, Edd, and Eddy part~
..and you know it's really intriguing on how everything fits~! XD XD XD

As for Courage the Cowardly dog-- I agree with you.... those freakin' BGMs!!!!!!!

Credits to Captain Katsuura~:3

Offline farispie

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2013, 12:01:44 pm »
I've read some pretty dark stuff at times. Like two visual novels that come in mind that had horrible moments were saya no uta and muvluv alternative.

Saya no uta's sheer premise is constant nightmare fuel and then twisted feels over the place.

Muvluv alternative basically made me which the protoganist dies so he doesn't have to suffer.

Yeah, I won't go into details, lest you want to read them yourselves (somethings are better left unsaid )

*goes into a corner and gets into fetal position. Sucks thumb*
Still accepting harem applicants! (No seriously). (SERIOUSLY).

Offline Niente de Nada

• Samurai
  • Takasugi's actually not my favourite character.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2013, 02:47:56 pm »
Part of my job involves watching Inspector Gadget on a regular basis. It's a favourite of the handicapped/ill young woman I'm an aide to. I find myself thinking way too seriously about Inspector Gadget's plot sometimes, just because I watch so much of it.

I have come to the conclusion that Doctor Claw is actually one of the good guys. He seems to be approaching bad guys the world over and setting them up for failure.
Steel and Blossoms: my Joui War fic. Chapter 19: Wake from Death and Return to Life The Shinsengumi Aren't As Stupid As They Look: my Katsura/Ikumatsu fic
You Can Pick Your Nose But You Don't Really Pick Your Friends: Young Joui trio One-shot

Offline Dark Zero

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 03:21:06 pm »
Kill me, but actually MLP Friendship is Magic, has some disturbing moments too, like this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy3ZhY9VKs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy3ZhY9VKs</a>
(click to show/hide)

Another one.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9ZRTIAA5g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9ZRTIAA5g</a>
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:22:50 pm by Dark Zero »

Offline farispie

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2013, 02:55:46 am »
Kill me, but actually MLP Friendship is Magic, has some disturbing moments too, like this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy3ZhY9VKs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy3ZhY9VKs</a>
(click to show/hide)

Another one.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9ZRTIAA5g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9ZRTIAA5g</a>

You say disturbing, I say hilarious.

Offline Dark Zero

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2013, 04:20:31 am »
I thought that Berserk Kagura was scary as hell...

Until I found Love Suicide by     NAKAYAMA Atsushi

That is the true nightmare fuel of all the series!

I won't post images, that is pure nightmare fuel!

Offline Sakata-San

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2013, 04:36:46 am »

That sounds kinda scary i would hate to see images.

Offline sainta

• Samurai
  • I'll be a corrupted fool or something like that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2013, 04:48:30 am »
I forgot. The beginning of the Shingeki no Kyojin manga disturbed a lot when a mother receives what was left of his son.

Offline Niente de Nada

• Samurai
  • Takasugi's actually not my favourite character.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »
It's not a TV show, but one of the most disturbing fictional moments for me was as a kid being read Alice in Wonderland. It's this crazy, weird, funny world, and then there's this bit where Alice is given a baby to hold, and it turns into a pig and runs off. I was absolutely freaked out, sickened to my stomach, by that bit. I was scared of the book for a long while after.
Steel and Blossoms: my Joui War fic. Chapter 19: Wake from Death and Return to Life The Shinsengumi Aren't As Stupid As They Look: my Katsura/Ikumatsu fic
You Can Pick Your Nose But You Don't Really Pick Your Friends: Young Joui trio One-shot

Offline farispie

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2013, 06:52:40 pm »

I just read the first chapter, and honestly it isn't that bad . It's actually pretty funny in some ways.

Here are some images from saya no uta (click at your discretion, its pretty dark and the premise in itself is pretty nightmare fuel):

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:01:11 pm by farispie »

Offline Dark Zero

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2013, 07:03:34 pm »
I just read the first chapter, and honestly it isn't that bad . It's actually pretty funny in some ways.

Here are some images from saya no uta (click at your discretion, its pretty dark and the premise in itself is pretty nightmare fuel):

(click to show/hide)

It's a one Shot...

Also there is Nejimaki Kagyu from the same author... he tends to make wicked faces!

Offline Sakata-San

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2013, 07:04:07 pm »

(click to show/hide)

That's gross.