Author Topic: Lesson 624 Spoilers  (Read 356 times)

Offline AlgilarKnight

• Samurai
    • View Profile
Lesson 624 Spoilers
« on: February 16, 2017, 03:09:34 pm »
Spoilers are out for this chapter.

Not a lot happening other than more fighting against the Shinra, it seems. The Shinra pile on Jirocho and almost seem to kill him, but Gintoki helps out and the two wipe the floor with them. We also get a little flashback of Katsuo meeting Jirocho and a flashback of Jirocho carrying Tatsugoro after he'd been mortally wounded during the war. Chapter ends with Otose seemingly seeing Tatsugoro and smiles before turning away.

Offline Dark Zero

• Samurai
  • Deciding the path of the Light or Darkness....
    • View Profile
Re: Lesson 624 Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 03:17:30 am »
Seems that Jirocho's role is about to end here. The Shinra leader is down... but... where is Ougai?

Also... where is the Yato leader?

Offline Hell

• Kabukicho Resident
    • View Profile
    • My drawings
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:18:25 am »
Yes, the Yato leader has yet to come. I wonder what kind of fight he or she (would be fun!) will offer to us.
I read the chapter and... well, not my favourite for the moment, I did just like the part of the flashback trolling. I feel like the story goes slower, a little too much for me. I kinda feel bored... hope the next one will bring something new.

I agree, I feel that Jirochou's role is about to end too.
According to the last page of chapter 611, we still have 3 groups to take part in the battle. I feel like next one could be, if I guessed right, the Onmyoji (not sure at all about that one), then Asaemon, and then Shachi before the final fight against Utsuro.

(And now I wonder how many weeks that'll take for the manga to end. I don't feel like it's gonna end in "early 2017" as Sorachi said earlier, but more like in april or may. I hope he won't rush the end...)
Hello from France :)

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 09:59:07 am »
Gotta love the detail in these fight scenes :enthusiastic:

Admittedly, not much was moved forward in this chapter. Even though the Shinra leader is down, due to the ruthless nature of the Shinra, their still operating like they used to so I guess taking down the leader didn't make as much of a difference like when they beat Ougai. On the other hand, this chapter acts as nice closure to Tatsugorou's story :happy:

Jirochou rejecting Katsuo's flashback caught me off guard ;D

Anyway, I like that the Shinra quickly distinguishes themselves from the Dakini. While the Dakini rely on their toughness and raw strength to overwhelm and put pressure on their enemies, the Shinra use flanking and sheer ruthless tactics to compensate for being the squishiest of the 3 LA mercenaries :happy: I can imagine that the Yato mercenaries will be a mix of the two; strong like the Dakini but also as fast as the Shinra.

I'm hoping to see more of Binbokusai (Kyubei's grandfather) in action. The Yato mercenary leader looks roughly the same size as Binbokusai and is probably really old too so it'd be fun to see two tiny old people duke it out :happy:
Got an origin story of discovering Gintama? Then come on here:
http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=340.0

Offline AlgilarKnight

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:05:45 am »
Poor Katsuo didn't get his flashback, haha. I am a bit disappointed in the Shinra's performance so far as they didn't get much of a chance to prove themselves, like the Dakini, but it's probably a good idea to move on.

As for the Yato leader, I think they're either an old man (because of the size and cane) or female. Or maybe an old woman.

Offline Hell

• Kabukicho Resident
    • View Profile
    • My drawings
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 01:04:48 pm »
I'm hoping to see more of Binbokusai (Kyubei's grandfather) in action. The Yato mercenary leader looks roughly the same size as Binbokusai and is probably really old too so it'd be fun to see two tiny old people duke it out :happy:

Oh yeah that would be great  :3
Hello from France :)

Offline DarlingClementine

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:18:16 pm »
Wow!  The Shinra sure are ruthless.  They even go so far as to harm their own comrades if it means being able to damage their opponent, too.

Don't even try to flashback with Jirochou around 'cause he'll reject your flashback lickety split. ;D

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 02:37:40 am »
The Shinra commander in particular is evidently much weaker than Ougai. However, the Shinra aren't meant to be defined by brute force but by their cunning and cruelty. Not to mention, how the commander himself said that the Shinra operate as one so even if the commander himself is down, the group as a whole continues to function. In contrast, the Dakinis (although, tough sons-of-bitches) were quite reliant on Ougai's leadership so when Ougai was beaten, their ineffectiveness as a group showed and it made them easy pickings for a more organized group.

I'm pretty satisfied with the Shinra as a threat especially since they haven't fled the battlefield yet.
Got an origin story of discovering Gintama? Then come on here:
http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=340.0