Author Topic: 322: Ten Years  (Read 346 times)

Offline 48john

• Edo Resident
  • #UltimateWinner
    • View Profile
322: Ten Years
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:23:09 pm »
Epsiode: http://www.crunchyroll.com/gintama/episode-322-728637

Chapters: 570, 571, 572, 573

Wow, what an episode. I've been awaiting this Joui 4 reunion since it was teased at the end of the last episode of last season last year, so it seems they've had this done for a while. Couldn't help but have a smile on my face when Gintoki and Takasugi used each other's swords to protect each other's students. The fights with the three planet guys were pretty rushed but they were all pretty boring anyway so it's for the best. Having the current ending as an insert song was pretty nice. Very nicely executed scene there by BNP. Hyped for Kamui vs. Umibozu next week and more Yato backstory.

Also, looks like my hunch for this being one cour was correct, Shonen Jump listed 4 Blu-Rays which inevitbly means one cour of 12-13 episodes. I should have known as soon as this season was confirmed to start in January opposed to April, almost all Winter/Summer shows are one cour. It's a shame since everyone was saying it'd be impossible for the Rakuyou arc to be adapted in one cour but I guess it is. Funny enough this Blu-ray listing was over a month ago but no one really covered it. Can't believe we're gonna have to see yet another Gintama series end and await another season.  :-\

Offline [Kihetai]Takasugi

• Samurai
  • a___a
    • View Profile
Re: 322: Ten Years
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:36:02 am »
Great episode, they did everything right.
Soon we'll get to see my most anticipated fight.
.-.
._.

Offline Vbrannon

• Kabukicho Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:14:16 am »
Also, looks like my hunch for this being one cour was correct, Shonen Jump listed 4 Blu-Rays which inevitbly means one cour of 12-13 episodes. I should have known as soon as this season was confirmed to start in January opposed to April, almost all Winter/Summer shows are one cour. It's a shame since everyone was saying it'd be impossible for the Rakuyou arc to be adapted in one cour but I guess it is. Funny enough this Blu-ray listing was over a month ago but no one really covered it. Can't believe we're gonna have to see yet another Gintama series end and await another season.  :-\

Personally, as I said before, the arc can be done in one cour despite what some say. Their complaints are more what they believe this will affect the important parts that they want to see animated.

I gonna have to put off watching it for a bit so I can gear myself to watch it and write an summary of the episode to post on the wikia. It takes a while if you're not a fast typer and you're trying to use the right words.

Offline sazidhk

• Warrior
  • DONDAKEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:07:22 am »
no no no no no no no no!!!
I just cant get behind this season!! The pacing is waaay off, they are reusing old background music. There is no punch to the dialogues, moments, to interjection. It feels like they just want to be done with it.

Offline 48john

• Edo Resident
  • #UltimateWinner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 04:00:50 am »
no no no no no no no no!!!
I just cant get behind this season!! The pacing is waaay off, they are reusing old background music. There is no punch to the dialogues, moments, to interjection. It feels like they just want to be done with it.

Yeah, I've had the feeling that ever since they did started the Shogun Assassination arc early and leaving those 25 chapters unanimated that they've just been really trying to dish this out and get it over with. Ever since then they've only done plot progressing serious arcs with super fast pacing. But I can't really blame them, Gintama is a pretty fortunate series that it can end so many times and always come back, a luxury that a ton of other shonen series don't have. Especially when they even had Sorachi write a movie fully intended to be the end of the anime once and for all.  At this point it looks like BNP/Sunrise is just trying to finish this anime up as soon as they can, anime really isn't in the same place as it used to be where they're lenient enough to give everything 2+ cours now. Blu-ray and manga sales have also halved compared to what they used to be, 12k average was insane for a primetime anime and is the reason why the show survived as they've even stated in the show. Last season still did decently, it'll be interesting to see if this season does any better as a late night anime.

http://imgur.com/UENAa06

So that's probably the rationale as to why it may seem that there's less effort put into the anime, I'm just thankful new episodes are still being put out 11 years later. (The overabundance of old BGM being used is getting pretty redundant at this point.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:04:14 am by 48john »

Offline [Kihetai]Takasugi

• Samurai
  • a___a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:34:05 am »
I think it's as good as the other seasons. It's been a while since I've felt emotions and hype like this from a series, and that's what matters to me anyway.
.-.
._.

Offline sazidhk

• Warrior
  • DONDAKEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 04:59:39 am »
I think it's as good as the other seasons. It's been a while since I've felt emotions and hype like this from a series, and that's what matters to me anyway.

The pacing of the last season was good enough. there were moments where you could take a breather and just enjoy. This season is just bam bam bam bam bam

Offline Anpanman

• Samurai
  • PUNCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 05:28:43 am »
I did not expect Pakuyasa to have a really cool sounding voice :sweatdrop:

Gintoki vs Batou was good. It was a nice balance between psychological (Sakamoto vs Hankai) and physical (Zura vs Shokaku) confrontation :happy:

That moment where Takasugi's theme music kicked in was amazing :3 I didn't expect such a villainous theme music to sound strangely uplifting XD

Seeing Gintoki and Taksugi rescue the others respective glasses while using the others swords to do so while the ending song played was EPIC :enthusiastic:

The Pakuyasa troll at the end, though  ;D ;D
Got an origin story of discovering Gintama? Then come on here:
http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=340.0

Offline neala897

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:58 am »
manga sales have also halved
Can`t say for sure but manga sales looks pretty the same as it used to be.

Offline 48john

• Edo Resident
  • #UltimateWinner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 02:17:55 pm »
Can`t say for sure but manga sales looks pretty the same as it used to be.

Gintama series sales by year:
2009: #5, 4,733,511
2010: #7, 3,978,439
2011: #6, 4,415,491
2012: #13, 2,850,072
2013: #12, 2,864,734
2014: #24, 2,394,263
2015: #23, 2,642,690
2016: #19, 2,231,751

Not very good, went from being a top tier selling series for Jump to middle tier. Series that have that much of a drop off like Reborn, Bleach and Beelzebub usually get axed by Jump. It hasn't even been outselling Bleach which hasn't had an anime since 2012 to boost it and that got axed by Jump, newer series are outselling it too. But luckily it looks like it'll get a proper conclusion to both the anime and manga anyway.

Offline neala897

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 04:41:22 pm »
Gintama series sales by year:
2009: #5, 4,733,511
2010: #7, 3,978,439
2011: #6, 4,415,491
2012: #13, 2,850,072
2013: #12, 2,864,734
2014: #24, 2,394,263
2015: #23, 2,642,690
2016: #19, 2,231,751

Not very good, went from being a top tier selling series for Jump to middle tier. Series that have that much of a drop off like Reborn, Bleach and Beelzebub usually get axed by Jump. It hasn't even been outselling Bleach which hasn't had an anime since 2012 to boost it and that got axed by Jump, newer series are outselling it too. But luckily it looks like it'll get a proper conclusion to both the anime and manga anyway.
I actually see that for five years Gintama has more or less stable sales which is not bad sign. And nothing can be compared to One piece drop after all. Also while I am not too sure about this but here interesting article. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-10/tv-tokyo-most-profitable-anime-april-2015-to-march-2016/.102927 If Bleach got axed most likely it was because for four years of lowest rankings in Jump.Gintama got low raitings too but then again it also from time to time has very high ones and overall somewhere in low middle. But it is interesting to see how superhits like SAA and FSA did not increased sales much

Offline Raheb-kun

• Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 06:27:27 pm »
Gintama was last year still in the Top 20 of the best selling Manga of Japan. The sales decreasing every year is very normal, this happens with every season and this also seems to be the reason why long Shounen Jump Manga don't/won't exist anymore. If you look at the current trend of the magazine you will see that the mangas are much shorter now so they won't reach the point where the sales keep declining.
Awesome Signature removed. Please accept this humble apology from yorozuyasoul for the removal of your signature, but we would really appreciate it if you could refrain from using totally awesome signatures that proves your greatness which will leave everyone filled with jealousy. This may be harsh but please use normal, boring signatures like everyone else. Signature rules are defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Offline Genesis7478

• Samurai
  • #JUSTICE4TAE #GINTAE4EVER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 11:16:46 pm »
This episode got me so hyped.  :3 :3
Tell us about your pet peeves in animes/mangas! http://forums.yorozuyasoul.com/index.php?topic=3273.0

I'm your friendly neighbourhood OkiKagu fan. Be warned. Be very warned.